Thursday, May 30, 2013

Puerto Galera Escapade


I've never been to Puerto Galera so I was excited when my mother told me that they know someone in Galera where we can spend a day or two for free. Yay!!

We traveled from Manila to Batangas pier via bus ride for 2 hours. We left Manila at 5:00am so I slept the whole ride. We waited while my mother bought the ticket for our group (terminal fee/environmental user fee). This was my first time to ride a ferry so I was hesitant at first as I was afraid the boat will sink >.< .

My father and his friends

View from the ferry


It was before noon when we arrived in Sabang Pier. From there, we rode a tricycle to our rented house where we'll stay overnight. We are all hungry and tired but heck, I want to see the beach!






It was mesmerizing. I couldn't help it I ran my way to the water and felt the waves. Since I was so tired from the trip, it was a shame I wasn't able to see the nightlife there.

We woke up early the following day for our island hopping and snorkeling ( and another boat ride for me).

Yay! Another boat ride!


I wasn't able to remember the name of the island we visited but both islands are captivating!







My overnight stay in Puerto Galera was great. I really enjoyed the beach. Kudos to the people of Galera who maintained the cleanliness of the place. It was fun, exciting, and I hope to visit Galera again soon!

You can use this guide if you consider going to Puerto Galera on your next summer escapade:
http://www.puertogalera.org/getting-here/


No comments:

Post a Comment